[tlhIngan Hol] when -laH cripples the -lu'

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Mon Mar 18 12:06:01 PDT 2019

It might be good to rethink the entire project. A long string of {-lu’} or {vay’} is odd because on one hand, you want the subject to be unspecified, but on the other hand, you want to be talking about the same unspecified entity repeatedly. If it were truly unspecified, then there’s no guarantee that the second statement is about the same entity as the first one.

It just doesn’t come across as direct, blunt speech. I’m suspecting it would test a listener’s patience.

Just sayin’.

There might be a better approach to the entire effort. I’d have to understand it better to give more detailed advice (if it were desired).

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.