[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: yItlhHa'

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Mon Mar 18 09:49:19 PDT 2019

Am 18.03.2019 um 17:33 schrieb nIqolay Q:
> I wonder about the use of {-Ha'} here, since it's possible to be lenient
> or indulgent without having been strict first.

The use of the suffix {-Ha'} does not imly that the situation or the
action was different before. It's just the opposite meaning.

> Could the use of the
> {-Ha'} imply that, to the Klingon mindset, everyone is strict by
> default, and leniency is an undoing of that state?

No, it just means what it says. yItlhHa' is the opposite of yItlh.

Does the English word "disobey" mean that everyone obeys by default?

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"