[tlhIngan Hol] “What color is it?”

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Mon Mar 11 06:39:30 PDT 2019

On 3/11/2019 9:08 AM, Daniel Dadap wrote:
> Which leads to an unrelated question, I wonder if purple is Doq or SuD. Sure, there’s many shades of purple, but I’d be curious if there’s a point on the color spectrum that about half of Klingons would call Doq and half would call SuD. Maybe even two points, one kind of purply one, and one kind of orangy-yellowy one.

KGT says that neither *Doq* nor *SuD* include violet or purple, and
suggests without stating outright that this may be related to the
Klingon visual range.

TalkNow! translates /purple/ as *Doq 'ej SuD.* Whether this is an actual
Klingon phrase or a cop-out by a Klingon who could only intellectually
understand what purple is without seeing it is not told.