[tlhIngan Hol] A clarification on DIl

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 07:33:14 PST 2019

There is something I realized only recently, which I would like to
discuss just to make certain.

In english we can say, "In order to buy this ancient cat, we paid ten
thousand euros" (and because someone had protested that no cat costs
as much, I remind you that this cat is ancient..)

Anyways..

I recently realized, that if I write in klingon {vIghro'vam tIQ
wIje'meH wa'netlh euros DIDIlta'}, then this likely means, that "in
order to buy this ancient cat, we paid the ten thousand euros" i.e.
"in order to buy this ancient cat we gave money to the ten thousand
euros"

Is this correct, or can we indeed say {vIghro'vam tIQ wIje'meH
wa'netlh euros DIDIlta'} to mean "In order to buy this ancient cat, we
paid ten thousand euros" ?

~ changan qIj