[tlhIngan Hol] Does Da necessarily require an object ?

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 08:29:33 PST 2019

On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 at 17:02, SuStel <sustel at trimboli.name> wrote:

> And this is not murky territory in Klingon. It's explained to us, it's
> demonstrated for us, and it's used all the time in canon. It was settled
> before anybody thought to ask the question. The only thing we don't know
> for sure is, are there any verbs that *must* mention an object? I don't
> tend to think so.

About a year ago, mayqel asked the same question, but about {rang} (and
{ngI'} was also brought up in the thread).

There are some verbs which, if you used them without an object, would
express a meaning which is weird or not quite right or is missing
something, but that's an issue of semantics, not grammar.

--
De'vID