[tlhIngan Hol] ghoS and {-vo'}

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Thu Jun 13 06:59:40 PDT 2019

On 6/13/2019 9:53 AM, Daniel Dadap wrote:
> I think the more interesting question is, which is correct if you’re telling them to go*to*  this place rather than away from it. I’m leaning towards {yI-} for that case, but I’m not sure.

*DaqvamDaq yIghoS* (commanding multiple people)

This is an instance where you're using a locative-marked noun on a verb
whose object is inherently locative, which TKD calls "somewhat
redundant, but not out-and-out wrong," and which Okrand later described
as "overkill." You could say it, but a better way to say it would be
*Daqvam yIghoS.*

Meanwhile, *DaqvamDaq peghoS* would mean that while you are in this
place, you should go somewhere.