[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: nIH

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Jun 3 06:56:33 PDT 2019

Klingon Word of the Day for Saturday, June 01, 2019

Klingon word: nIH
Part of speech: verb
Definition: steal

DanIH
You steal it. (KLS)

leng chaw'wIj nIHlu'ta'
Someone stole my passport. (TNK)

le'yo'raj nIHlu'ta'mo' penoD jatlh qeylIS
And Kahless spoke to them … about avenging their stolen pride (PB)

chay' 'etlh DoQ nuch
   QongtaHbogh qup 'etlh nIH
   vaj nIHpu' vaj nIHpu' vaj nIHpu'
How does a coward claim a sword?
   By taking it from his sleeping father.
   So he did, so he did, so he did. (PB)

HIja', 'ej jIHvo' nIHDI' jIbup.
Yes, and when he stole from me I dumped (him). (STID)

DIvI' 'aH qutlh nIHlu'bogh
Cheap stolen Federation goods (DSC "Will You Take My Hand?" [non-canon])
[on a sign in the Orion market on Kronos in {pIqaD} and Orion letters]

PUN: to "nick" (British slang)?

TREK TRIVIA:
KGT:  the *Hur'q*, a race of humanoids from the Gamma Quadrant who developed a reputation as ruthless invaders who would attack other societies primarily for the purpose of robbery, stealing whatever they could and destroying the rest.

SEE:
nIHwI'  		thief (n)

SEE ALSO:
Hej 		rob (v)