[tlhIngan Hol] According to Matthew chapter 1 (quotations punctuated)

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Sun Jun 2 01:47:41 PDT 2019

Am 02.06.2019 um 10:26 schrieb mayqel qunen'oS:
> I understand a wiki to be a virtual location, so I decided to play it safe.

That's a good point. We have a canon example {qep'a' wejDIchDaq} so it
seems also virtual locations are acceptable. (okay, we may argue now
whether an event is a location or not)

The rule about {-Daq} being only used as a locative was only to make the
difference clear to "IN chinese" or other expressions that use the word
"in".

> So, personally, I don't think we could safely (based on one example),
> begin using them.

That's a good attitude.

> Let alone the fact, that I *truly* don't understand the specific qao of
> Hugh.

He wrote: {nuq 'oS «chel» 'e' vISovbejbe'.}

I understand it as "I don't know what 'chel' represents." but I see that
it causes some ambiguity, because it can be rad differently.

To avoid that, I would suggest {Doch'e' 'oSbogh «chel» vISovbe'.}

But maybe I haven't followed the conversation, so I might miss the
point. :-)

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"