[tlhIngan Hol] two type-5 on a {-bogh} phrase

Daniel Dadap daniel at dadap.net
Thu Jun 27 11:40:57 PDT 2019

> On Jun 27, 2019, at 13:26, SuStel <sustel at trimboli.name> wrote:
>
> TKW has loghDaq Suvrupbogh SuvwI'pu' chaH Hoch SuvwI'pu''e' In space, all warriors are cold warriors. loghDaq in space is the object of Suvrupbogh who are ready to fight, and the relative clause is a locative of the main clause.

That interpretation doesn’t match the given English translation. I think {loghDaq}, and not {loghDaq Suvrupbogh SuvwI'pu'}, is the locative of the main clause. If we were to interpret it the way you suggest, I think it would need to be translated as “All warriors are in space, which warriors are willing to fight.” With {loghDaq} being the locative for the main clause, it would be “In space, all warriors are warriors who are ready to fight”, which seems to fit the given translation better.