[tlhIngan Hol] tlhIngan maH

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 02:24:12 PDT 2019

... and now I am confused.
I learned that plural ending is optional in Klingon... So I would
expect it would be used basically for emphasis or at least
disambiguation, in common usage.
And {tlhIngan maH} is not ambiguous, as {maH} clearly indicates that
the subject is plural.

On the other hand, I noticed the Duolingo course, especially, always
uses plural suffixes.

Luciano

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 6:53 AM mayqel qunen'oS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> I always understood tlhIngan maH, as "we are klingon" i.e. members of the klingon species, instead of "we are klingons", as in "klingon individuals".
>
> ~ m. qunen'oS

Luciano Montanaro

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job. -- Douglas Adams