[tlhIngan Hol] ghoS and {-vo'}

Daniel Dadap daniel at dadap.net
Thu Jun 13 06:53:31 PDT 2019

> On Jun 13, 2019, at 08:44, mayqel qunen'oS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I want to say "go away from this place" to a number of people. I have two options:
>
> Daqvamvo' yIghoS
> or
> Daqvammo' peghoS

The only reason not to use {pe-} when commanding multiple people would be if the command takes a non-reflexive direct object. I don’t think we have any evidence to support a noun marked with {-vo'} acting as a direct object. So it should probably be {Daqvamvo' peghoS}.

I think the more interesting question is, which is correct if you’re telling them to go *to* this place rather than away from it. I’m leaning towards {yI-} for that case, but I’m not sure.