[tlhIngan Hol] Can I place {-mey} on a number ?

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Sat Jun 8 09:42:20 PDT 2019

On 6/8/2019 12:29 PM, mayqel qunen'oS wrote:
> Can I say {vatlhmey jagh} for "hundreds of enemies" ?

I offer the usual answer of "we don't know." But in this case I'd guess
not: not because you have to specify a number in front of *vatlh,* but
because I think *vatlh* without a specific number would be treated as a
noun, not a number, and couldn't count something.

In other words, you might be able to say *muSuvpu' jaghpu'wI'; vatlhpu'
tu'lu'*/My enemies fought me; there were hundreds/ or *Hoch DIS Hov leng
'angweD Such vatlhpu'*/Each year hundreds visit the Star Trek museum./
But this is just a guess on my part.