[tlhIngan Hol] is it necessary to state the topic noun in a {-bogh} clause ?

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 07:45:38 PDT 2019

Okay, I've no idea what "topic noun" or "clause" is, because at the
brain factory, someone forgot to install in my brain the "ability to
understand grammar terms" circuit.. But I wrote the title this way
because it sounds cool..

Anyways, lets get to the point..

Suppose I write a looong passage, with regards to romulans who feed a
cat. At the story there is a third party, which is "we". At some
point, I want to say "we respect the romulans who see the cat".

Normally, that would be:

{vIghro' luje'bogh romuluSnganpu' DIvuv}

The question now is:

At the klingon sentence above, do I *have* to write/include the
{romuluSnganpu'} ? Would it be correct to just write {vIghro'
luje'bogh DIvuv}, with the {DI-} obviously referring to the
(obviously) plural subject of {je'} ?

Remember, that the passage is looong, that there are only three
parties involved (the cat, the romulans, and us), and that by the time
we come to the need to write the sentence we talk about, it's crystal
clear that it is the romulans we respect.

~ m. qunen'oS