[tlhIngan Hol] New words from "Miniatur Wunderland"

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 03:20:26 PDT 2019

On Mon, 1 Apr 2019 at 17:46, Lieven L. Litaer <levinius at gmx.de> wrote:

> {tIHmey} n. "railroad tracks"  [based on tIH "shaft of speer"]

Does {tIH} mean one rail, or one track (i.e., a pair of rails)?

There may be other configurations, but most railroad tracks at the current
time on Earth have two parallel rails. It seems that {tIH} should be the
word for one such rail, and that a track is therefore always {tIHmey}. This
is similar to how we have a word for "hotel", but it's just a collection of
"guest rooms" {mebpa'mey} in Klingon. But I wanted to make sure.

--
De'vID