[tlhIngan Hol] two type-5 on a {-bogh} phrase

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Thu Jun 27 06:08:20 PDT 2019

On 6/27/2019 9:00 AM, Daniel Dadap wrote:
>> On Jun 27, 2019, at 01:46, De'vID<de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>> qeylIS'e' lIjlaHbe'bogh vay'vaD gha'tlhIq vIbom.
> Why not {qeylISvaD lIjlaHbe'bogh vay'}?

These mean very different things.

Assuming we are allowed to use *-'e'* for emphasis in a relative clause,
which I am not convinced we are, we have

*qeylIS'e' lIjlaHbe'bogh vay'vaD gha'tlhIq vIbom
*/I sing an ode of respect to someone who has not forgotten KAHLESS (as
opposed to someone who has not forgotten someone else)./

*qeylISvaD lIjlaHbe'bogh vay' gha'tlhIq vIbom
*/I sing an ode of respect to Kahless the Unforgettable./