[tlhIngan Hol] What does {Du' naH} mean exactly ?

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Thu Jun 20 04:14:26 PDT 2019

Am 20.06.2019 um 12:46 schrieb mayqel qunen'oS:
> However, I still don't understand, if we could use plural on the {Du'
> naH}, as in {Du' naHmey}, or {Du'mey naHmey}.

Why not? I'd take that literal, depending on what you want to make plural.
{Du'mey naH} "fruit of farms" (whatever that is)
{Du' naHmey} "fruits of the farm" (whatever that is)

> The problem is that thinking in klingon, doesn't always lead to the
> given Ca'Non meaning.

It means you still focus too much on the English definition.

> For example, we have the {Say'qu'moH}, which is given as "sterilize".
> But if I thought in klingon, I would understand it to mean, "to make
> very clean", which is quite different from "sterilize".

Maybe not from a Klingon point of view? :-)

Even if you don't bother about thinking in Klingon or English or
whatever, you could simply look at the definition and accept that the
Klingon way to express "sterilize" is {Say'qu'moH}. Why not?

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"