[tlhIngan Hol] What does {Du' naH} mean exactly ?

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 09:41:55 PDT 2019

I want to say "the produce which needs to be harvested is much".

Read:

law' Du' naH'e' yobnISbogh vumwI'pu'
or
law' Du' naH'e' luyobnISbogh vumwI'pu'

Is the {Du' naH} to be understood as "the produce" i.e. singular, or is it
to be understood as "fruit of the farm", so that {law' Du' naH} actually
means "the fruits of the farm are many" ?

Someone could wonder, how in case it means "the produce" (singular), it
could be used as a subject for {law'}, but we have the Ca'Non {law' 'ul}
(or is it {'ul law'} ?), although I don't remember where it's from.

But the point here, isn't if I should use {law'} or {vItlh}. The point is
what's happening with the {Du' naH}.

Although, if it's "produce" I'd choose {vItlh}, and if it's "farm fruit"
I'd go with {law'}.

~ m. qunen'oS