[tlhIngan Hol] the different meanings of {qeq}

DloraH seruq at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 12 05:22:01 PDT 2019

On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 19:17:10 +0300
"mayqel qunen'oS" <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> The verb {qeq} is given as "practice, train, prepare".
>
> If I say {moQbara' vIqeq}, then what does it mean ?
>
> "I practice mok'bara" as in "I practice karate" (that is "I know how
> it's done") ?
>
> "I practice mok'bara" as in "I'm training so that I'll become
> better" ?
>
> "I train mok'bara" as in "I grabbed the mok'bara and I caused it to
> train" ?
>
> "I prepare mok'bara" as in "I grabbed the mok'bara and I'm getting it
> ready for something" ?
>
> ~ jkkhjhj

You seem to be looking at each word in the definition as separate
options.  When you see definitions with multiple words like this, try
to feel for a single meaning that is described by all those words
together. You should be able to replace any of those words into your
sentences. If it doesn't work, you probably have the wrong meaning.

I see this happen a lot.  People pick just one word out of the
definition.  When MO uses multiple words, it is to help narrow down
what meaning he is intending.

- DloraH