[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ya

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Jul 30 09:30:08 PDT 2019

Noted.  But it still makes a good mnemonic.  Any idea of the origin of {ya}?  It’s an unusual noun ending in a vowel and Okrand chose not to use {to'} “tactics” to form *{to’pIn}.

… and for those keeping track of Klingon Trek trivia (since I forgot to post it before):

  The IKC Pagh had an (unnamed) tactics officer on the bridge. (TNG "A Matter of Honor")
  Worf served briefly as tactical officer aboard the IKC Hegh'ta during the Klingon Civil War of 2367-68. (TNG "Redemption I & II")
__
Voragh

From: tlhIngan-Hol <tlhingan-hol-bounces at lists.kli.org> On Behalf Of SuStel