[tlhIngan Hol] placement of Hoch in a {-bogh} phrase

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Fri Jul 12 08:50:48 PDT 2019

On 7/12/2019 11:42 AM, Will Martin wrote:
> Another option would be {cheS’e’ Sopbogh Hoch.} As for rabbits, all
> which eat.

Is this meant to be a noun-noun construction? That doesn't work, because
you can't put a type 5 noun suffix on the first noun of a noun-noun
construction.

If it's meant to be two components of part of a larger sentence, like
*cheS'e', Sopbogh Hoch vIlegh*/As for rabbits, I see all which eat,/
remember that Okrand told us that using a type 5'd topic at the
beginning of a sentence that isn't a subject or object would be highly
marked. It's basically not a real option.

The only thing that *cheS'e' Sopbogh Hoch* would normally be interpreted
as is /rabbit which everyone eats./ *cheS'e' Sopbogh Hoch vIlegh*/I see
the rabbit which everyone eats./