[tlhIngan Hol] Order of {vaj} relative to the {chay'}

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 08:13:52 PDT 2019

I'll write how I'm understanding this, and correct me if I'm wrong.

I know that the cat has drunk the milk, however the bird insists that it still sees it.

I want to say to the bird: "I know that the cat has drunk the milk, so how do you see it ?".

So I write:

{nIm Soppu' vIghro' 'e' vISov, chay' vaj nImvam Dalegh ?}

At this sentence, the {chay' vaj} "seems" strange, since the english goes "how in that case..", while one would expect to listen "in that case how..".

But I think, that writing {chay' vaj..} *is* the correct choice, and that the only "problem" is that the direct english translation sounds strange.

Am I right ?

~ khhkkh