[tlhIngan Hol] XQeD -> Xtej

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 08:21:11 PDT 2019

On Sun, Jul 28, 2019 at 8:26 AM André Müller <esperantist at gmail.com> wrote:

> I haven't figured out what {rayQeD}'s pun is, though... Maybe through
> "Gene Roddenberry" > "Gene R." > R = {ray} in Klingon?

*qID Dangu'bejta' 'e' vIQub. mu'qIDmey 'oghmeH Hov leng pongmey lo' 'e'
parHa'law' 'oqranD.*

As for the original question: I think it's fine to have "obvious"
derivations included in boQwI', though with a note along the lines of "this
wasn't used in a sentence, it's just extrapolated from words we already
know". boQwI' is used by a lot of beginners, who might not be aware of the
underlying vocabulary patterns that led to getting *roSqa'tej* from
*roSqa'QeD*, so if they saw the former in the wild they might be confused.