[tlhIngan Hol] How would you express "root of a tree" ?

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 01:25:01 PDT 2019

De'vID:
> If Klingons can burn in hell for all you care,
> why are you translating the Bible into Klingon? ;-)

bel vISIQmeH, 'ej tlhIngan Hol vIqeqmeH, mab'a' chu' vImughlI'.
In order to have fun, and in order to practice the language.

pa'logh, naDev tlhIngan Hol vIlo'taHvIS, motlh jang pagh; vaj chay' vIqeqlaH ?
while I used to write here in klingon, usually noone replied. So, how
am I supposed to practice ?

ngaghqangbe'lu'chugh 'InSep QanwI' tuQbe'lu', 'ej wa' Hol
lo'qangbe'lu'chugh Holvam ghojbe'lu', jay'.
someone doesn't wear a rubber unless he's willing to frack, and he
doesn't learn a language unless he's willing to use it.

De'vID:
> Even if you had a Klingon word which meant "serpent" exclusively,
> you'd still have the problem that a Klingon reader might not culturally associate serpents as
> being something undesirable to give to someone.

pe'vIl, tlhInganpu' lungaghlu'jaj.
pe'vIl, tlhIngan Sa'HutDu' lungaghlu'jaj.
frak the klingons.

yav QemjIq lu'elmeH, luH'eghjaj 'ej pa' Heghjaj.
may they drag themselves to a hole and the ground, and rid us from
their presence.

'ej meqvammo', 'Internet DaqwIj tlhInDaq jIghItlhta':
and because of this reason, I've written at my web page:

"It is not a translation corrupting the original text, by expressing
events “as a klingon would see them"

Human jIH, 'ej Humanpu'vaD ghItlhvam vImughlI'.
I'm human, who's writing for humans.

charghwI':
> ghargh’a’

I don't think this solves the problem. ghargh'a' could be something
greater than a worm, but still being classified in the "worm" category
of beings.

~ kjhjkkhj