[tlhIngan Hol] the different meanings of {qeq}

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Thu Jul 11 09:28:36 PDT 2019

On 7/11/2019 12:17 PM, mayqel qunen'oS wrote:
> The verb {qeq} is given as "practice, train, prepare".
>
> If I say {moQbara' vIqeq}, then what does it mean ?
>
> "I practice mok'bara" as in "I practice karate" (that is "I know how
> it's done") ?
>
> "I practice mok'bara" as in "I'm training so that I'll become better" ?
>
> "I train mok'bara" as in "I grabbed the mok'bara and I caused it to train" ?
>
> "I prepare mok'bara" as in "I grabbed the mok'bara and I'm getting it
> ready for something" ?

I don't think Okrand has ever used *qeq* in a sentence or explained it,
so I can't give you a definitive answer, but I believe the correct
object of *qeq* is the regimen the subject is training in. *moQbara'
vIqeq* means I'm working to improve my ability at *moQbara';* it doesn't
mean I'm a practitioner of *moQbara',* and it doesn't mean that I'm
trying to improve the skills of some entity called *moQbara'.*