[tlhIngan Hol] DIfference between..

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Mon Jul 8 10:42:15 PDT 2019

I agree that we don’t know which is “more” useless. Mostly, we know that {lI’be’} is a verb that can be used adjectivally, and {tu’HomI’raH} is a noun. I think it would be odd to refer to {tu’HomI’raH Duj}, though perhaps Okrand has done so in canon and like most references, it escapes me. I’d see that meaning that it’s a noun-noun phrase, like “useless thing’s ship” or “ship of a useless thing (or things)”.

Meanwhile, {Duj lI’be’} has clear meaning.

If I wanted to use {tu’HomI’raH} to describe a ship as useless, I’d say {tu’HomI’raH ‘oH Dujvetlh’e’}.

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.