[tlhIngan Hol] placing {-lu'} on {'oH} and {ghaH}

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Fri Jul 5 15:13:26 PDT 2019

Interesting. On one hand, you could say, {‘ame’rIqa’ tu’lu’wI’ ghaH _qolombaS’e’}, but the scope of genitive functionality includes saying the same thing as  {‘ame’rIqa’ tu’wI’ ghaH _qolombaS’e’}. America’s discoverer is the one who discovered America.

Unless America lays claim to a guy who is widely known for discovering stuff other than America, itself... which would fit the second term, but not the first...

Sent from my iPhone.
Will