[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: maH

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Jul 2 08:20:06 PDT 2019

Klingon word: maH
Part of speech: pro
Definition: we, us

yaS maH
We are officers. (TKD)

tlhIngan maH!
We are Klingons!  (TKD/TKW [the very first proverb])

wo' tay' tlhInganpu' maH!
We are U.K. Klingons!  (RT)

'ach HoD, Hevetlh wIghoSchugh veH tIn wI'el maH'e'
But Captain, that course will take us into the [Great] Barrier as well! (ST5)

HoD, naDev maH 'e' luSovbe'
Captain, they don't know we're here. (ST5 notes)

tongDuj 'urISva' maH.  jav Hogh maH Qo'noSvo'.
We am thy freighter... Ursva... Six weeks out of Kronos. (sic!)  (ST6)

notlh veS... 'a tugh manotlhchoH je maH
War is obsolete... as we are in danger of becoming. (ST6)

maH nulegh
us, he/she sees us. (Krotmag) (KGT)

maHvaD lojmItmey tIpoSmoH
Open the gates for us (PB)

Non-canon examples from ST:Discovery:

tlhIngan maHtaH 'e' wIHech
We intend to remain Klingon. (DSC Netflix poster in Germany)

tlhIngan maH!  taHjaj!
Remain Klingon. ("May we remain Klingon") (DSC "The Vulcan Hello")

mapIm ngIq maH 'e' luQaw'meH ghoS chaH.
They come to destroy our individuality. (DSC "Battle at the Binary Stars")

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons