[tlhIngan Hol] pseudo-Klingon words from the paq'batlh

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Tue Jul 2 07:07:03 PDT 2019

I get that you have a passionate interest in taking on the remarkable task of translating The King James version of the Bible, independent of the communal effort begun years ago.

On one hand, you want to do this task single-handedly. You want to be the soul source of the translation. You not only don’t need anybody’s help. You don’t WANT anybody’s help…

… except that there is a remarkable void of Klingon translations/transliterations of many dozens, if not hundreds of proper names, and the King James version is full of arcane language carefully crafted to support the political interests of King James and his heirs; to support the superiority of the male gender and of those who believe and obey the church, giving the king and the church the benefit of a sense of debt that all others must pay, lest one suffer eternal damnation, etc.

I find it curious that you apparently expect Marc Okrand to be so interested in your project that he gives you the time and attention to create words he didn’t come up with for several other Bible translation projects that have existed in the past, within and separate from the KLI. Do you somehow believe that he has secretly wanted to provide every necessary name and other vocabulary for translating the Bible for many years now, but somehow he didn’t think that the other projects were good enough to justify the effort, but your project is so obviously superior that he will come forth and dedicate the time and effort to fulfill your fantasy?

It’s not that I don’t understand you. It’s that I don’t understand why you believe your project is so important to everybody else that other people’s interest in developing the Klingon vocabulary should get in line behind you, so that you get to have your names and words before anyone else does, since you want so many names and words that either Okrand has to ramp up his production exponentially, or you’d have to wait longer than you want to wait to get your share of the bandwidth.

THAT is the only thing that I don’t understand.

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.