[tlhIngan Hol] paq'batlh errata?

Rhona Fenwick qeslagh at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 1 03:16:26 PDT 2019

ghItlhpu' De'vID, jatlh:
> If no one has anything to add, or suggestions about revising the {petaQ}
> footnote or opinions about what, if anything, should be done about the
> apparent slang use of {QaD}, I'm going to send the list to the publisher
> tomorrow.

It says in the introduction explicitly (and in the part Marc did write, IIRC, though someone with the paq'batlh to hand should check me on that) that - apart from the no' Hol in the intro, of course - the Klingon rendition was done using contemporary language. As such, I have no problem leaving the slang use of QaD as it is. As for the petaQ footnote, any revision (if it's not outright deleted) should note that it's at most a tentative hypothesis proposed by the editor, not the translator.

(On a purely selfish note: would it be out of place for me to ask you to include that my name be updated in the acknowledgments in Marc's intro? Naturally I hadn't come out when paq'batlh was published, but it'd be nice to be able to get that revised if other revisions are going to be made.)

QeS 'utlh