[tlhIngan Hol] Tempting..

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Wed Jan 9 08:02:28 PST 2019

Am 09.01.2019 um 15:34 schrieb mayqel qunenoS:
> QISmaS = christmas
> christmas = christ + mas
> QISmaS = QIS + maS
>
> So..
>
> christ = QIS

In addition to what others have said, I'd like to mention that this is a
phonetic transliteration, not one of meaning. So I mean that QISmaS fits
the sound of christmas, which is something like kris-mas. The word
"christ" is not "kris" in English, it's [kraist].

So if you stay in the game, a Klingon might have headr of christmas and
then call it with his words {QISmaS}. I he was told that this is the
"birth of Jesus Christ", he'd probably remember it as "QayIS" or so -
but definitely not {QIS}.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"