[tlhIngan Hol] Tempting..

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Wed Jan 9 06:54:45 PST 2019

On Jan 9, 2019, at 9:34 AM, mayqel qunenoS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> QISmaS = christmas

Yes. That transliteration is well accepted.

> christ = QIS

I think {QIStoS} is the typical spelling. I’ve also seen {'IHrIStoS}, but that doesn’t match the way Okrand usually deals with initial consonant clusters.

> As a sidenote, I finally dig this "klingon-ditch-terran-niceties-get-immediately-to-the-jay'-subject" attitude.
>
> I mean, who actually gives a crap how the others are doing anyway..

Don’t confuse “not asking as part of starting a conversation” with “not caring”. There’s nothing wrong with niceties in Klingon if you really mean them.

-- ghunchu'wI'