[tlhIngan Hol] The "need to be willing" problem

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 00:56:29 PST 2019

I've been wondering lately, how to express something like "you need to
be willing to analyze this situation".

Normally I would write {ghu'vam DapojnISqang}, but of course since
{-nIS} and {-qang} can't co-exist, its out of the question.

So, I thought of writing {ghu'vam DapojmeH yIpojqang} for "in order to
analyze this situation, be willing to analyze it". Granted,
meaning-wise, its not *exactly* the same as the intended "you need to
be willing to analyze this situation", but I think its pretty close.

Does anyone have a better idea ?

And by saying "better" I mean truly better; I'm not asking for
arguments "klingons wouldn't say that", or crap like "re-phrase
everything, and leave it to context".

If someone wants to go from new york to los angeles, he goes from new
york to los angeles; perhaps he will stop somewhere in between, but he
certainly won't go through china.

~ mayqel *I love maltz* qunen'oS