[tlhIngan Hol] paSlogh

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 03:38:00 PST 2019

On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 at 16:26, mayqel qunenoS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> The klingon word for "socks" is {paSlogh}. Is this word to be treated as
> being grammatically singular, and is it possible to say "one sock" in
> klingon ? As far as I know, it is unknown if a singular form exists.

I relayed your question to Dr. Okrand, who asked Maltz about it. I just got
his reply: {paSlogh} works like {ngop}.

--- begin quote ---
{paSlogh} is an inherently plural noun, grammatically singular.  {tu'mI'}
the word for one sock.  The usual way to say "pair of socks" is {paSlogh
chang'eng}; {tu'mI' chang'eng} is odd, but if you said it, you'd be
understood.
--- end quote ---

--
De'vID