[tlhIngan Hol] SoHvaD yuchwIj vIbonqangbe'

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Thu Jan 31 06:26:09 PST 2019

On 1/31/2019 7:59 AM, Daniel Dadap wrote:
> Suppose I see a Klingon enjoying some chocolate and ask, “jIHvaD yuchlIj Dabonqang'a'?” Assume that the Klingon wishes to keep all of the chocolate for him or herself (as suggested by the subject of this message).
>
> Would the most appropriate one-word response be “ghobe'” (because the question was asked with -'a'), “Qo'” (because it’s a question about volition), or is either fine?

This goes from a /how do I say?/ question into a /what would a Klingon
say?/ question, so here you must remember the advice about
straightforwardness from /Power Klingon/ and /Klingon for the Galactic
Traveler./

A Klingon would answer your question with a *HIja', HISlaH,* or
*ghobe',* and you'd be no closer to obtaining chocolate. If your
intention is to get chocolate, you should have said *jIHvaD yuchlIj
yIbon* instead, in which the Klingon would answer you *lu', luq,* or *Qo'.*