[tlhIngan Hol] qepHom 2018 - bugs and insects

Daniel Dadap daniel at dadap.net
Tue Jan 29 12:35:33 PST 2019

> On Jan 29, 2019, at 14:13, SuStel <sustel at trimboli.name> wrote:
>
>> On 1/29/2019 3:06 PM, nIqolay Q wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 1:59 PM De'vID <de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> bIngo'! (I don't know why they do it, but I've heard some Humans yelling this when they check everything off of a list and I'm just playing along.)
>>
>> It sounds more like the humans are saying bIng gho'! Step on the area below! Maybe it's related to how sometimes humans will stamp their feet when excited about something.
> CLEARLY they're saying bI'; ngo' Sweep it away! It is         old. Some Klingons report noticing that Humans tend to brush small tokens off of cards when they hear this phrase.

Strange, I hear “bIng gho”: circle of the area underneath. I’ve also heard reports of humans manipulating small tokens on cards; apparently the humans focus intently on cards which are underneath circular tokens. Perhaps a human tried to say something like “gho bIng vIbuStaH” - I am focusing on the area underneath the circle - but got the word order mixed up.

Or maybe it’s an archaic form, something like bIng'gho, similar to paq'batlh.