[tlhIngan Hol] The Rudellian plague

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Tue Jan 29 07:49:25 PST 2019

Some subordinate clauses can’t be moved to the end of the sentence. {-meH} clauses, for example. And relative clauses have to accompany the head noun, wherever it is in the main sentence, so if the direct object of the main clause is the subordinate clause, you have no choice but place the locative in an ambiguous place, leaving context to clarify. There is no grammatical way to disambiguate without context.

But when a subordinate clause CAN be moved to the end, yes, you can have the locative marker at the beginning of the subordinate clause instead of at the beginning of the main clause.

Will Martin
willmartin2 at mac.com