[tlhIngan Hol] Catastrophe and disaster!

David Holt kenjutsuka at live.com
Wed Jan 9 14:36:06 PST 2019

I'd never had much cause to think about the difference between {lot} and {Qugh} until someone asked a question about them on Duolingo.  To make sure I was giving accurate information, I asked Dr. Okrand to clarify if they were purely synonyms or if there was some difference between them.  Here is the relevant part of the response he sent me by email today:

They're basically the same and mostly interchangeable.  If you're referring to something that in all likelihood you can't recover from (like the loss of Praxis), the better word is {lot}, but most of the time it doesn't matter.
Jeremy