[tlhIngan Hol] How many times do we need to repeat the -neS ?

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Wed Feb 20 06:35:16 PST 2019

Am 20.02.2019 um 15:21 schrieb mayqel qunenoS:
> Suppose we want to say:
[...]
> If we want to make this sentence honorific, then were do we place the
> -neS ? With the exception of the Dun which is used as an adjective,
> then do we need to place -neS on every single verb of that sentence ?

There's probably no rule about this, so repetition is not wrong. But I
agree it sounds awkward. So for having a good writing style, I would
suggest you only use it once. But to make clear the listener knows you
honor them, you should use the suffix before anything else:

"yIqImneS: Hoch jaj bIvemDI', nIQlIj DatIvmeH, [...]"

But also remember from TKD:
"This suffix is used rather infrequently by Klingons."

So another base for using it only once in a sentence instead of
repeating. I think of the English situation:

Great alien, each day as soon as "your honor" wake up, in order to enjoy
"your honor"s breakfast, if "your honor" eat fifty trees[...]

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"