[tlhIngan Hol] tuQ and tuQmoH difference

Jeffrey Clark jmclark85 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 17:41:21 PST 2019

Sent from my iPhone
> Syntax: the subject does verb to the object. I don't know anything about what just happened.
> Semantics: I know everything about what just happened, but I don't know how you've formulated a sentence to express it.

As someone with minimal formal linguistics background, I just wanted to chine in and say that I am appreciative for the detailed explanation of the differences between semantics and syntax, of the agent/action vs subject/verb distinctions.

The last several posts in this thread have been highly enlightening.

—jevreH