[tlhIngan Hol] Out of curiosity..

Christa Hansberry chransberry at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 17:35:19 PST 2019

Going back to the Esperanto example, some find the Xs ugly and prefer the
H-convention. So like "Mi shatas skribi chi tiel char iksoj malplachas al
mi".

But then there's the same issue Daniel mentioned, of knowing when gh is ĝ
and when it's just a g followed by an h. Someone proficient in the language
knows that "flughaveno" (airport) is not "fluĝaveno" because that's not a
word. But for readability it's good to distinguish the two, and for that a
common solution is to use a hyphen: "flug-haveno".

So, I suppose in the hypothetical situation that a system like the ones
described here was adopted, one could say nen-ghep, veng-hom, etc. Not
especially beautiful, but I've seen worse :-P.

As for uppercase qaghwI', well, if I hit shift while I type it, I get " -
violá! XD

-Qhista'