[tlhIngan Hol] Out of curiosity..

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Thu Feb 21 11:41:49 PST 2019

On 2/21/2019 2:30 PM, SuStel wrote:
> On 2/21/2019 1:13 PM, mayqel qunen'oS wrote:
>>
>> Often we talk about "what if.." one day it was allowed to write
>> klingon using lower case.
>>

>> Some would like that, and others not.
>>

>> Out of curiosity though.. if we *did* write in lower case, how would
>> we distinguish between the q and Q ?
>>
> You'd have to make a choice. Since *q* sounds much more like a /k/
> than *Q* does, I'd turn *q* into /k/ and leave *Q* alone.

Another possibility (not even counting the use of diacritics) would be
to do with *Q* what Klingon does with *gh, tlh, *and *ch:* add an /h/
after the /q./ That way, you're not tempted to make the *q* sound like a
/k./

/Vaj toddujdaj ngehbej Divi'. Nimbus wej wighos; he yinab!
Reh Divi' duj visuv vineh./

/Dopdaq qul yichenmoh qhobdi' ghu'.
Reh suvrup suvwi''a'.
Hagh qohpu' neh heghtahvis suvwi'pu'.
Hivqa' veqlargh./

/Qho'nosdaq paw cha' Divi' beq.
Tlhingan 'avwi' lughom.
Lutlhob, nadevvo' Vas'a'daq majahlah'a'?
Jang 'avwi', lichopbe'chugh ghewmey./

/Tlh: Nuqneh?//
//H: Javmah tat chu'wi' vinehbej.//
//Tlh: Vaghsad deqh hinob! Dah yidil!//
//H: Qay'be'. Titlhap!//
//Tlh: Maj. Ha'! Dah matlhutlh./

/H: Jabwi', Romulus hiq vitlhutlh.//
//Tlh: Jabwi', cha' hivje' tiqem! Tera'ngan motlhbe' soh.//
//H: 'iwlij jachjaj.
Tlh: Reh hivje'lijdaq 'iwghargh datu'jaj./