[tlhIngan Hol] tuQ and tuQmoH difference

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Tue Feb 19 09:02:09 PST 2019

the tuQmoH problem also exists in German: you can tuQmoH a piece of
clothing, but also tuQmoH a person.

Each time when my wife says "could you please dress the baby" I love to
answer "I don't don't know if it fits me."

I think that doesn't translate well into English...

> This reminds me of a tailor or seamstress, or perhaps a squire, the
> servant of a knight one of whose jobs it is to dress him. In the same
> way that {tlhIngan Hol ghojmoHwI'} is a person who teaches Klingon to
> unspecified people, a {HIp tuQmoHwI'} is a person who puts uniforms on
> unspecified people.

Have you heard of the German word "Zitronenfalter"? It's definitely not
a folder of lemons :-)

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"