[tlhIngan Hol] Placement of the qatlh

Jeffrey Clark jmclark85 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 07:28:16 PST 2019

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 18, 2019, at 10:22, SuStel <sustel at trimboli.name> wrote:
>  Compound sentences are sentences, and if we were to follow the rules too closely, we would be considering qatlh nuq ta'pu' 'ej ta'pu', which is obviously wrong.

There’s a difference in relationship between compound sentences and sentences with clauses. You can drop the {‘ej} and both statements make sense independent of one another — the conjunction serves to link them logically.

With the -meH (or a -moH) statement, both parts of the sentence are intrinsically interrelated you can’t separate them apart and have them make sense without one another.