[tlhIngan Hol] ordering and scope of adverbials relative to timestamps

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Fri Feb 8 06:43:53 PST 2019

Am 08.02.2019 um 15:29 schrieb SuStel:> Here's another "no true Klingon"
argument. Whether or not a Klingon
> would say it does not make it unsayable. And I don't happen to think
> that a Klingon wouldn't say it.

Yes, I agree. I can imagine a situation like:
A: My ship wrecked on the 1st of March 2018.
B: Oh, that's almost one year ago.

In that situation, using the DISjaj might be  asolution, although it
does not answer the initial question. I think HochHom is the closest
thing we have so far, and the canon examply might even be quite clear
and maybe even more useful than we thought:

"most of the 23rd century"
{vatlh DIS poH 23 HochHom}
SkyBox #15

Although I'm not sure if that can be applied to a not-fixed time period.

[This message is not really an answer, just my thoughts]

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"