[tlhIngan Hol] L'Rell's treaty [minor SPOILERS included]

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Wed Feb 13 03:11:17 PST 2019

I have just deciphered L'Rell's treaty she was forced to sign in episode
2.03 of DSC. Some of the letters were very hard to read, others almost
entirely covered.

You may go to the Klingon wiki if you like to make corrections on it.
See: http://www.klingonwiki.net/En/DSC203

Here's what I could make of it:

1	qaStaHvIS 		During
2 	[moHDu']wIj 'ej 	my [...] and
3 	[mot]taHvIS yaQwIj, 	while my [yaQ?] [...]
4 	QInvam vIqonlI' jIH , 	I am writing this message,
5 	mo'qay tuq lIr'el . 	L'Rell from the house of Mokai.
6 	qeylIS Say' vItoy'meH 	In oder to serve the clean Kahless
7 	DaH quS'a' SeQvo' 	now from the formal chair
8 	mu[ghe]' Qu'wIj. 	my task [...] me.
9 	ghItlhvammo' 		Due to this manuscript
10 	jIche'Ha'choHchu'qu' 	I step back entirely from my governing
11 	vaj gheS qor tuq 	so the duty can be taken over by the house of Kor's
12 	ghubDaQ qol. 	firstborn Kol.
13 	meQchoHta' tIquvma 	T'Kuvma has burned (?)
14 	lumeQnISmoHtaH 	they must carry on burning him (?)
15 	Dat tlhInganpu' . 	Klingons of everywhere.
16 	DaH Sech vInob . 	I now give the torch.
17 	qI'meH 'Iw lo'lu' , 	Blood is used to sign,
18 	[lIr'el] mo'qay, 	[L'rell] Mokai,
19 	[xxxx]'a' 		??

--
Lieven L. Litaer