[tlhIngan Hol] DISvam chabal tetlh

qurgh lungqIj qurgh at wizage.net
Tue Feb 12 08:33:48 PST 2019

Over the past few years, for the qep'a', we have collected a wish list of
words that we give to Dr. Okrand so that he can ask Maltz for them. In the
past this has been a semi-informal process with suggestions being collected
on this list, on Facebook, on Discord, etc compiled together, and then
voted on by KLI members and guests.

This year, thanks to the amazing work by De'nIl (Daniel Dadap), we are
launching a web based chabal tetlh that runs year round. On the chabal
tetlh web page KLI members and guests can suggest new words, and vote on
each others suggestions. Then, when the qep'a' comes around, we will simply
pull the top words from the list.

DaH yISuch 'ej mu'mey tIchup: https://www.kli.org/chabal/

The number of words that can be suggested and the number of votes that can
be cast per word is based on membership level within the KLI. Guests can
suggest 2 words, while members can suggest 10, 15, or 20 depending on the
length of their membership. Guests can cast 1 vote per word, normal members
can cast 2 votes, while lifetime members can cast 3 votes for their
continued support (all of these amounts are subject to change based on
feedback). Words that are down voted far enough become blacklisted, and
that suggestion will be returned. We also plan to return suggestions when a
word is chosen.

Since this system is new, there may be some bugs. We are also planning to
add more features going forward. If you do find any errors or have
suggestions please post them on the system's github page:
https://github.com/dadap/chabal-tetlh/issues. If you are a programmer and
would like to help, email me off list.

qurgh