[tlhIngan Hol] loQ tlhIngan Hol jatlh lIr'el

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 00:22:50 PST 2019

On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 at 07:45, Lieven L. Litaer <levinius at gmx.de> wrote:

> yuQwIjDaq De'vetlh vIbejlaHbe'. nuq jatlh lIr'el?
>
> Dajchugh mu'meyDaj, vaj tlhIngan Hol wI'qIyDaq De'vetlh yIchel.

She spoke three lines in Klingon, which were followed by English
translations (spoken by someone else). This is what I heard. Anyone who
hears differently, feel free to chime in, though I consider her diction to
be very clear.

{mumISmoHpu'bogh Daq Hujqu' vItu'pu'.}
I have come upon a very strange site [sic] which has left me perplexed.

{pa'HomDaq Dochmey law' tu'lu'.}
There are multiple items in the Big Box.

{lo'wI' yutmeH nItebHa' QoylaH[taH]ghach HIv.}
They work in unison to distract the user by means of their auditory senses.

She slightly flubbed the second last word, but I *believe* she was saying
the suffix {-taH}. Or it's possible she stumbled on {-ghach} and said it
twice.

Also, the "Big Box" is, in fact, actually a stationary room-sized object on
the show, so whoever translated it as {pa'Hom} (and used {Daq} rather than
{Doch} to talk about its discovery) knows what they're doing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ynDxmvf34s

--
De'vID