[tlhIngan Hol] -moH on ghoS and jaH

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Wed Feb 20 19:09:09 PST 2019

I, for one, would need context to flesh out what you mean by {pa’Daq qaghoSmoH}.

Absent that, I could be in the room on the phone talking to you, ordering you, outside in a car, to follow that cab. I don’t know the cab’s course, but I know it’s following one.

My greatest suspicion is that we know that I cause you to move along a specific (if unspecified) course, and the action of causing this occurs in the room.

It is possible that the prefix trick is involved, given the person and number of the prefix. It is weirdly possible that you are the landmark of the path and that I’m causing some unspecified entity to traverse that path. A guided missile, perhaps? I’m in the room with the launch button. So long, sucker.

I’m also sure that given the right context, the going occurs in the room, though the path is not named by the room.

Mostly, I think it’s a weird enough sentence to deserve a remarkable back story. Remind me someday to explain: “We can’t do popcorn. The chickens are too short.”

Context can be important.

You also reminded me of my one-room cabin, which I named {reH pa’}, since it either means “always there”, “the room plays”, or it’s clipped Klingon for “playroom” (reHmeH pa’).

Sent from my iPhone.
charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan