[tlhIngan Hol] How many times do we need to repeat the -neS ?

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Wed Feb 20 07:17:44 PST 2019

I’d just put {-neS} on the main verb, {DanatlhneS}. It’s like a bow that you make at the end of your speech. You don’t want to be bowing over and over again as you speak.

The other verbs are already grammatically burdened, displaying their dependency upon the main verb at the end. Let that main verb carry the weight of the honorific.

Sent from my iPad