[tlhIngan Hol] tuQ and tuQmoH difference

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 08:39:43 PST 2019

On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 at 15:32, SuStel <sustel at trimboli.name> wrote:

> You *could* say something like *HIp vItuQmoH,* but this would mean you
> put someone unspecified into a uniform, in the same way that *Hol
> vIghojmoH* means you teach someone unspecified the language. But it
> *doesn't* mean *I put on the uniform,* which means specifically that I am
> both the wearer and the putter-on. *HIp vItuQmoH* means only that I am
> the putter-on; the wearer is unspecified.

This reminds me of a tailor or seamstress, or perhaps a squire, the servant
of a knight one of whose jobs it is to dress him. In the same way that
{tlhIngan Hol ghojmoHwI'} is a person who teaches Klingon to unspecified
people, a {HIp tuQmoHwI'} is a person who puts uniforms on unspecified
people.

--
De'vID